Games Day Tables Are Done Boss, Well Mostly

As the title says our games day event tables are 99% done. I got the urge to slap an led onto our ash wastes arena at the last minute when I found my old electrical engineering junk form college. Making the tables have been a blast and it was the first time I tried a lot of the things I've read in white dwarfs and blogs over the past months.


First up is the ash wastes / lava table.  The plan here was to have a bridge over some lava. It's a deep concept, I know.


This is the most vertical of our three arenas and characters that can quickly move will have a great advantage closing with the enemy. Our event is largely about getting or denying the charge and on this map a jump pack will allow for fast assaults without allowing the enemy to shoot during the approach.


 If your kitted out for a fire fight there is still plenty of cover up top though, if your scared...












TQ just sent me the pics of his ice table last night. You guys don't know how much suspense he kept me in over the last few days. TQ telling me that it was looking awesome and coming together well, but he never let us see till the very end. I wasn't surprised that it looked great when I finally got to see it. TQ is THE MAN when it comes to building scenery and all!



This table was planned out and scrapped about three or four times before TQ told me he was working on it. This table originally was gonna have frozen rivers, then mountain valleys, then a post earthquake glacial shelf. Finally one of us brought up the cool spikes coming out of the ground in Dawn Of War 2 : Chaos Rising and the Sons of Hodir town from World Of Warcraft. After saying that would be cool we went home and that was the last we talked of it.



Clearly the Ice table will require the most finesse during the approach. With plenty of open fire lanes and abundant cover to jump to around the edges this could be a shooters dream.  I would hate to be facing down a Blood Angels librarian with wings and lance on this table, or a Tau crises commander with long range weapons...

Finally, here is the first table again. The arena has plenty of center  cover and abundant room to maneuver all around it. With lots of tight fire lanes it could be both a blessing and a curse to whatever type of warrior you bring. Difficult terrain abounds with all the different elevations and the dice are always spiteful....


Be careful lest you end up like this guy....













Or him...




From foam to final it was a blast to these "mini tables" and I hope every one stops by to give our games day event a try. It was designed to be short and sweet so you can get back to pillaging the conversion contest before the terminator parts are all gone...

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see them all together tonight before we pack em up for the trip down tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, to bad I was unable to make it for Games Day.

    ReplyDelete