I'm Dreaming of a Counts As Christmas

Between everything else vying for my attention these days, I have been working on a few Christmas presents for friends. First up is a Njal Stormcaller for TQ. I bought this back when I got him Termies for his wedding present and have been sitting on it for a few months. Originally I planned to have a pre heresy Thousand Sons head half burried in the snow at his feet but after I put a few test heads there it seemed to be too much going on. I plan to put a little more snow on the base and paint the bottom what ever color hes doing his army in and being done with it.




The next present I'm working on is for Dan the man. If you look through some of our summer league pictures you'll notice that one army always seemed to have a single gray knight running around. That was Dan stealing a gray knight and using it as Vulkan Hestaan. Another thing about Dan is he loves him some tech-marines. So after a little bits box searching this is what I came up with.





It's a normal tech marine model with the servo arm cut off and replaced with an old school terminator heavy flamer. A chain sword arm with a warriors of chaos sword blade and a broken drill bit for a handle. And some empire shield that came from the 3rd edition starter set that I got and never played with after my friend took the rulebook and I never saw it again.
Once I get some more done on it I'll post a painted pic. I also picked up a Fortress of Redemption because the box was in front of me and it compelled me to take it home to show my wife. I plan on making a lot more terrain before we start our planetary empires campaign next month and hopefully I'll get a few more nids form my old nidzilla finished.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment