So i did a little painting...

Actually, I did a decent amount of painting over the last few weeks. It's been quite a feat with a new baby and my little boy sucking up most of my time.


I picked up Planetary Empires after seeing the awesome campaign in White Dwarf last month. Since the Summer basement league was about to wind down I decided to pick it up to keep things fresh in my gaming lair. I figure at the rate we play, one of these campaigns could last us for a good half a year or so at the least. The tiles came out pretty well with a quick over brush job and I feel if we want to expand later on with a Mighty Empires box that I wouldn't mind slapping some color on another 50 tiles. It sounds like a really big number but they go really fast once you start cranking them out. Oh, and if any one can think up a cool name for the planet were going to be fighting on feel free to leave a comment. Late night with baby is sapping all my creative energy lately.



I also painted up a few more CSM models for my buddy Perdition. Back before we had any money in high school, and Magic was the big thing, he bought a bunch of fantasy dwarfs and they sat for years. Once we got into 40k he came by, saw all of our little mans and ended up playing with them till the wee hours of the night. The next morning, the first words out of his mouth were, "So when are we gonna go get me an army?" About 3 hours later we came back to my place with a CSM spearhead the Apoc Vindicator box a Land Raider and some Thousand Sons. When he dives, he goes deep. A few weeks later he came back over enough Forge World to get free shipping, but that's a whole post in itself. To make a long story short, I've been working on his stuff along mine for the last year or so and played a lot of games with his army and every once in a while he makes it over to play a game. He needed a few more models to flesh out a second squad so like any good army squatter I manned up and got the rest of the models that I err... he needed.



Now for my army... I've been wanting to make some fancy objective counters for a while now. Back when I was building my bikers I had a few spare parts left over so I decided to make a wounded marine. About a week after I made him GW announced that they were releasing wounded marine models. Needless to say I kinda felt like they stole my idea, but I finally got around to putting some color on him this week. I'm planning to give painting heavy battle damage a try before I go back over a bunch of my army and try to spice them all up a bit.

1 comment:

  1. That's an excellent campaign map mate, do you mind if I use it for the maps showcase on my campaign blog?

    ReplyDelete