Battle Report - Space Marines Vs. Chaos Space Marines


Space Marines Vs. Chaos Space Marines, 1500 points, Spearhead / Seize Ground from paul mehaffey on Vimeo.

I managed to get a late night game in against Scott on Monday night. Playing 40k when I should be sleeping is always worth it! Since I recently finished some nurglings  for my buddies Purge army, I went with chaos and ended up taking a foot slogging force with a dreadnought. I clearly remember going over army lists and deployment but apparently I failed to hit record. Due to my button pressing blunders here are our lists.

My list.

HQ: Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne,Icon, DaemonWeapon (Blood Feeder), Wings  (165 pts)
Troops: Khorne Berserkers x8 - Icon, Champion w/ Power Fist (213 pts)
Troops: Plague Marines x10 - Icon, Meltagun, Plasmagun, Champion w/ Power Fist (300 pts)
Troops: Chaos Space Marines x10 - Icon of Nurgle, Meltagun x2, Champion w/ Power Fist (275 pts)
Troops: Chaos Space Marines x10 - Icon of Nurgle, Plasmagun x2, Champion w/ Power Sword & Plasma Pistol (290 pts)
Summoned Lesser Daemons x5 - (65 pts)
Summoned Lesser Daemons x5 - (65 pts)
Elite: Dreadnought - Dreadnought CCW, Storlbolter, Twin Linked Lascannon (125 pts)

Scott's list.

HQ: Captain Cato Sicarius (200 pts)
Troops: Tactical Squad x10 - Flamer, Missile Launcher, Melta Bombs, Rhino (210 pts)    
Troops: Tactical Squad x10 - Flamer, Missile Launcher, Melta Bombs, Rhino (210 pts)
Troops: Scout Squad x5 - Camo Cloaks, Bolter x4, Sniper Rifle, Melta Bombs( 95 pts)  
Elite: Sternguard Veteran Squad x10 - Combi-Flamer x2, Combi-Meltagun x3, Power Fist, Rhino (335 pts)
Elite: Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Missile Launcher (125 pts)
Elite: Dreadnought - Dreadnought CCW, Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter, Drop Pod (140 pts)
Heavy Support: Thunderfire Cannon (100 pts)
Heavy Support: Whirlwind (85 pts)

 
While typing this out I realized I paid for one more CSM in each normal squad than I actually used. Regardless of late night blunders, it was a fun game and totally worth being a Nurgle possessed zombie at work the next morning!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that the craters are arranged as a mark of nurgle, so..... i think chaos won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife would kill me if I did this and I would be entirely non functional for a week. Not too mention my daughter would never go to bed with anyone at my house rolling dice ( her favorite toy ).

    ReplyDelete